What is Periodontics?
It can be categorised into gingivitis and periodontitis. Gingivitis is the inflammation of gums caused by accumulated plaque and tartar. Periodontitis is severe gingivitis that involves loss of the underlying bone. Teeth gradually become mobile and you may eventually lose them.
- Finish the whole course of antibiotic(s), Take after food
- Rinse mouth with antiseptic mouthwash for 7 days, twice daily
- Take pain killers when necessary according to dosage instructions
- Stop medication if rashes appear or swelling of eyes appears and call us
Post Treatment Instruction
- Bleeding and swollen gums are common after periodontal treatment
- You will experience numbness for about 2 hours or more
- Pain and swelling will last approximately about 3 to 5 days
- Soft diet is advisable and avoid hot food and drinks