What are dentures?
Dentures are custom-made removable appliances that help to replace missing teeth. They mimic the shape, size, and color of natural teeth to help in eating and to bring back a beautiful smile. At Luminous, we provide acrylic, cobalt-chrome and flexible valplast dentures.
How to take care of dentures?
- Patients should understand they need a period of time to get used to the new dentures
- It is advisable to remove and rinse the dentures after every meal
- Remove dentures before sleeping and soak them in water
- Should the dentures loosen after prolonged period of time, a denture adhesive ( eg Polident) may be used
- If there is pain, ulcers, bleeding or swelling, stop wearing the dentures for 3 to 5 days. If the signs still persist, call us to adjust the dentures.
- If the denture breaks, book an appointment with the clinic to arrange for repair
- Should there be any calculus appearing, dentures can be sent to lab for cleaning